Nominating Committee: Role, Responsibilities and Duties*:
1. Seeks new members for the Executive Board of the Friends of the Bear Library.
2. Should seek new members from all different parts of the service area of the library.
3. Should seek diverse representation on the board including residents, businesses members, and people who work in the area.
4. New members of the board are elected at the Annual Meeting.
5. New members of the board should be nominated by the Nominating Committee for appointed [sic] to the board and approved at regular meetings throughout the year.
6. Provide a slate of officers and new members of the board for election to all members of the Friends 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting.
7. Provide ballots for the Annual Meeting.
The Nominating Committee is a standing committee serving the FOBL.
Nominating Committee Chairperson: Committee chairpersons shall preside over and appoint the members of their committee.
* As Cited in the FOBL Business Plan (approved 04/19/2000).
** As Cited in the Constitution and Bylaws of the FOBL.